Policies & Application
Please read through all our policies before advancing to the application at the end.
- An adoption application must be filled out and submitted before we will sell a hedgehog to you.
- We reserve the right to refuse to sell to anyone at anytime for any reason.
- Our hedgehogs will go to pet homes only, no breeding rights will be given unless its discussed upon application response, or you are a previous breeder we've worked with or talked to.
- An estimated ready date is exactly that, estimated. We will try to have your baby to you as soon as they are ready. No babies will leave until they are 200 grams or 8 weeks old, which ever comes sooner and as long as they are in good health.
- We do not require seeing your set up, but if you need more time to get all the items needed, please just communicate with us and we will hold onto your baby until then.
- We will describe your hedgehog to the best of our ability and provide photo updates, but the buyer understands that the hedgehogs color and temperament could change drastically as the hedgehog ages (quilling).
Deposits & Payments
- We do not do waitlists. No money is due until you pick your baby.
- Our deposits for babies are $50, this deposit is non refundable.
- This deposit will hold your baby until they are ready to leave and it does come off the total price due.
- We will accept multiple payments or the remaining balance due all at once, but the total balance needs to be paid prior to pick up or transportation, unless paying cash upon pick up.
- We accept PayPal, Venmo and Cash App as online payment methods. Cash is accepted. Checks will not be accepted.
- Any online fees are the buyers responsibility. We can give you an exact amount for PayPal if you are using "Goods and Services", or you can send as "Friends and Family" for no additional fee. We will add the fees onto the remaining balance if you fail to do so yourself.
- If the hedgehog is being transported, the hedgehog and transportation costs must be paid in full, in advance. Failure to do this will result in the hedgehog not leaving at its estimated time, and boarding fees will occur at the buyers expense.
- All of our babies come with a 6 month congenital health guarantee (meaning a disease or physical abnormality present from birth or hereditary). Health problems need to be deemed "genetic" by a qualified exotic veterinarian and cannot be a result of lack of vet care, improper nutrition, inadequate environment, neglect, abuse or accidents. Vet records and determination of genetic defect must be provided.
- All of our babies come with a lifetime guarantee against wobbly hedgehog syndrome (WHS). Wobbly Hedgehog Syndrome (WHS) is a rare and slow progressing condition that can only be diagnosed via necropsy after death. Other ailments can show symptoms similar to WHS, so often inexperienced hedgehog vets will misdiagnose these as WHS. Buyer assumes all financial responsibility of the necropsy and related expenses. Necropsy Report and all vet records must be provided.
- Should a congenital health defect be found while this hedgehog is still under contract or if WHS is confirmed with a after death necropsy, a replacement hedgehog of equal value will be given. The breeder is not responsible for additional costs and expenses (transport, vet care, necropsy), no other compensation will be given.
Yooper Hedgehogs retains partial ownership of all hedgehogs purchased from us. The buyer is responsible for all care costs including, but not limited to, housing, feeding, veterinary care, etc. However, if at any time you decide a hedgehog is not a good fit for you or your home, the animal must be returned to us at the buyer's expense and time. The buyer may not sell, gift, or in any way rehome the animal to another party, unless consent was given by us. This policy is enforced in order to ensure our animals remain in good hands, and failure to comply can result in legal action.
If you decide after you get your hedgehog that it is not the right pet for you please contact us. As stated in the previous section, do not sell, gift or rehome in anyway, legal action could be taken. We will take hedgehog back at any time, but a refund will only be given within the first 30 days.
If the hedgehog is returned within 14 days you will be compensated 50% of the original cost minus the deposit. If the baby is returned in between 15 to 30 days a 25% compensation minus the deposit will be given. After 31 days it is considered surrender and no money will be given as compensation. No compensation will be given for items purchased and transportation to or from us.
Hedgehog Adoption Application
This form is required in order to adopt any of our babies or adults. We will contact you within 24-48 hours of receiving the completed form. Once contacted if we have any available babies, you are free to place a deposit. If no current babies are available please watch our Facebook page for faster updates on current or upcoming litters to reserve your baby. We do not do a waitlist, so it is your responsibly to reach out to us for a baby your interested in.